Big hello from me again
How are you gals doing?? I am sure great wherever you are.
I had been wanting to start a “Look of the Day” series for different celebrity/occasion inspired makeup looks. Recently, Rihanna is in major news for flaunting a near naked look for CFDA Awards 2014. Have you seen her pictures yet? I am sure you must have, since it was a talk of the town(read: World). If you haven’t, you can see below.
Well, I know a lot has been said about her near naked dress and all of that, but honestly, I believe if you have it, you flaunt it. If she doesn’t have a problem in carrying off something in front of the whole world, then it’s totally fine. Atleast for me
Well, moving on now. Apart from her much talked about and controversial dress, her makeup was something which was completely flawless and I though why not start my LOTD series with this look itself.
Also, today itself, my favourite makeup artist on youtube- Jaclyn Hill did a video on the same look. You can watch her video here. I totally love her insanely
Regarding me, look at the products which I used for recreating the look-
I have used below products for creating the eyes-
- Naked 1 Palette from Urban Decay (My new palette which I got from my Singapore haul. See my haul here )
- Eye shadow base- Nyx
- For crease- Buck
- For eyelids- Gunmetal
- For outer corner- Black from Bobbi Brown Limited edition eye shadow palette
- For inner corner-Sin
- Mascara-Loreal Butterfly effect
- Foundation- Kryolan HD foundation(you can see my Kryolan Haul video here)
- Mac concealer for under eye area and set it up using Bare escentuals concealer powder
- For cheeks- I used Mac bronzing powder and Kryolan glamour glow for highlighting. I did not use any blush on as her look was highly bronzed without any blush(IMO atleast)
- For lips- Mac Faux lipstick and Nyx butter gloss Maple blondie
Finally the pictures-
Let me know what do you think.
I personally believe, the most difficult part is taking good pictures. I tired so much to get the exact look but still I think sometimes my camera misbehaves with me L I hope you won’t mind that much.
P.S. On a side note, last week me and my hubby had to attend a wedding. 1 of my close friends sent the below to me. The 2nd part so stands true for me. Which 1 holds true for you
Stay pink, Stay pretty